Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The First Transport is Away

Empire Strikes Back reference. No particular reason.

Anyway I've just hit the Send button on my first query letter. First query letter ever. I've sent materials to agents I've met at conferences before, but this is my first unsolicited query.

We will call this agent Agent One. All she wants is a query letter, so I'm starting with her. In the next few days I will query Agent Two (who wants a query letter plus a chapter) and Agent Three (who wants a query letter, five pages, and a short synopsis). Then we'll move on to agents who want bigger chunks of manuscript (like fifty pages) and fold them in with the partial requests I've been sitting on.

After that, the full requests. Hopefully by then I'll have a few more full or partial requests from next month's conference. And maybe, if luck is really with me, a bite or two from the queries.

Stay tuned.

No comments: