Sunday, July 12, 2009

What I'm Writing: 9.2, 9.3 & 9.4

Funny what a looming (possible) pitch opportunity can do to one's motivation: I cranked out the rewrites to chapter 8 in one intense weekend, and dove into 9.

And I have to say, the love scene (if you can call it that - at this point in the book there's no love to speak of) that ends chapter 8 is probably my favorite I've yet written. Hero and heroine are both in their element; all the wrong sparks are flying, and somehow it all works out for the best.

Nine point one and 9.3 are new, short scenes; 9.2 and 9.4 are scenes that originally occurred later in the book, hauled forward to where they can do more good. I'm almost done with 9.2, and pleased by its clearer purpose. I know what it's about, now, in a way I really didn't (at least my conscious mind didn't) when I originally wrote it.

No comments: