Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What I'm writing this week: Chapter 7, scene 2

Finished scene 1, and I'm happy with how it came out. I fear I may be out of step with most modern readership on this, but I'm a sucker for quiet scenes where people are talking about something mundane -- e.g., the mechanics of making bread -- and not saying the things that maybe ought to be said:

"I admire you above all other women but/and I honor the rules and restrictions that have put you out of my reach."

"Your friendship, and your willingness to take me seriously, sustained me through the darkest days of this past year."

etc.

Scene 2 gets the h/h out into fresh air, to his immense relief. I'd already written most of it, but later in the story and from her POV. Now I'm flipping it to his, which I think/hope will be more interesting at this point in the story.

No comments: